The Fold & Thrust Belt JV (DRC)
“The large tenement package is contiguous with RER’s Kalongwe permit and hosts several targets on the prospective Mine Series rocks.”
- Nzuri and Ivanhoe Mines signed Joint Venture in April 2015.
- Nzuri has ability to acquire a 98% interest in Ivanhoe’s permits PRs 688, 689, 702 and portions of PRs 690 and 701.
- Area of ~350sq km in a highly prospective part of the western Katangan Copperbelt.
- Proximity to World-Class mines and deposits with historic production.
- Existing infrastructure development.
- Acquiring comprehensive database from Ivanhoe.
- Historic exploration identified significant geophysical and geochemical anomalies and large fragments of Mine Series rocks.
- Targets include diamond drill results of up to 5m @ 4.9% Cu.
- Rock chip samples of up to 6% Cu and strong geochemical anomalies.
- Contains strike extension of structures/geology hosting Kalongwe.
- Exploration programme planning is now underway.