Nzuri Copper Limited is an ASX listed (ASX:NZC) minerals company focused on the identification, acquisition, development and operation of high grade copper and cobalt projects in the Katangan Copperbelt of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (“DRC”).
The Company has acquired significant interest in a portfolio of permits that collectively cover some 350sq km of a highly prospective part of the western Katangan Copperbelt. At Kalongwe, the Company’s flagship project, a near surface oxide resource of 302,000t contained Cu at an average grade of 2.72% Cu that also includes 42,000t contained Co has been delineated.
Nzuri is currently focused on fast tracking the development of the Kalongwe Project and on drill testing high priority exploration targets already identified on its other permits so as to build a substantial resource base.
The management of Nzuri Copper is committed in their efforts to maximise potential opportunities and to deliver value to shareholders, through the acquisition, exploration and responsible development of mineral projects. The Company is led by an experienced team with a proven track record of exploration and development success in the DRC.
Why Focus on the Katangan Copperbelt?
- The Copperbelt is one of the world’s greatest metallogenic provinces.
- Produced more than 20% of world supply of copper in 2014.
- DRC “Top 10” producer of copper. World class Cu mines being developed.
- High-grade sediment hosted copper deposits – average of 2.50 – 5.00% Cu.
- Vastly under-explored, high discovery potential of world class mineral deposits.
“…The Central African Copperbelt (Katanga Basin) is the largest and most prolifically mineralized sediment-hosted copper province known on earth and hosts many of the world’s highest grade Cu/Co deposits…”
Nzuri Key Strengths
- Quality asset: robust high-grade copper-oxide, open-pitable resource.
- Near term production.
- Funding: arrangements in-place to completion of Definitive Feasibility Study (Tembo Capital).
- Stakeholders: supportive JV Partners and shareholders (Tembo, Traxys, GICC, Sprott, Ivanhoe Mines).
- Ownership: direct 85% interest in the Kalongwe Cu-Co Project.
- Metallurgy: ore deposit suited to be processed by HMS, a proven and effective technology.
- Development: for low CAPEX / OPEX early start-up mining operation.
- Exploration: upside within Kalongwe Project Area and the new Fold and Thrust JV Area.
- Management: with in-country experience and track record in DRC.